Must have appliances

I keep trying to write a blog, and then I get interrupted with life. Work has been busy. In fact, we are having a trial this week. Wish I could blog about work, but it would be improper. So, I will tell you about a couple of appliances that you should check out. Yes, I am very serious. I thought all weekend about how I should let everyone in on the secret of these appliances.

First, if you are single you must have a Brisker. What is a Brisker? Well, it is the most amazing invention - it is an electronic crisper. Say you have a bag of potato chips, or some crackers, or anything that needs to remain crispy. You can put all the little clips on those things that you would like, but within the week, those things are stale. Not with a Brisker. I have crackers that have been in there for over a month and they are just as fresh as when I first opened them. (You can check one out here.) Tonight I put a bag of cereal in my Brisker, because I will never eat it all before it goes bad.


Honestly, I have only known about the brisker for about ten or eleven years. About a year and a half ago, the church I was working for had a big auction for their youth group. Someone donated a brand new Brisker. Can you believe that no one bid on it? Not one bid. So, they gathered up all the random prizes that no one won, and gave them away to the staff. I got the Brisker - only because no one knew what it was. I can't tell you how much money it has saved me.


Second, if you do not have a bread maker, you should ask for one as a gift - or invest in one, your money will be well invested. I used to buy a loaf of bread every time I went to the store. What would happen to it? I would waste it. I could never finish the entire loaf. My "other mother" gave me a brand new bread maker, and not only has it saved me a lot of money, it is fun. Sunday I made a loaf of Focaccia bread. I also made bagels, although, I have some serious perfecting to do on the bagels. I keep taking them to work and people are a little weirded out by them.

Anyway, short blog - but important stuff. Check these items out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know someone who would love a Brisker for Christmas. I know that you know her, just not sure you claim her publicly through this mode of sharing.
Lauren said…
I have never heard of a Brisker. Thanks for introducing me! Bread makers used to be the wedding gift that everyone joked about never using. I think I would use one! There is nothing like fresh bread!!!
Anonymous said…
We are ready for a new blog out here in blogosphere.

Popular Posts