I Can Handle It

I have been M.I.A. over the last several days. Not sure what my problem has been, I just haven't felt well, and I have been doing all sorts of school work so I can go on Spring Break. Yeah, I know, gag I get a spring break. But if it makes you feel better I am going to be working on my writing requirement and my bar application during the break. I wish my writing requirement was as much fun as writing on this blog, but I am writing it through a class on International Trade Regulations. The paper is addressing, China, Religion, the Olympics and International Human Rights all in one. Woo hoo Spring Break 2008!

Well, actually I am going to have a little fun, I have a bachelorette party this weekend. Another soldier has bit the dust, gone to the other side, well whatever you want to call it. Another friend is getting married. Let me say I was invited to ten weddings last year, this year I have only received four invitations. I can pretty much recite 1 Corinthians 13. But anyway I am excited I will get to see all my friends from college this weekend, and I am sure there will be some stories from this experience.

But we are having a lingerie shower this weekend. (I was going to discuss Easter in this blog, but I will do that later.) I think lingerie showers are extremely awkward. This past fall some people in law school had a lingerie shower for a girl in our class. After it was over she and I were talking and she said "I really appreciate everything, but it will be awkward to wear it." And I said "Why?" and she said "because I will be thinking about who gave this to me." After thinking on this, she has a point.

I do not want anyone to give me a lingerie shower. I don't want anyone to know what I am wearing on my honeymoon. How weird is that? Seriously. Just take a second and think about this. I have to admit I never buy lingerie for anyone, I always take a Barry White CD, or actually now I have started taking an Al Green CD (my music taste has evolved). Actually this gift has evolved into a bag with toe nail polish, razors, shaving cream, lotion, and Big Red, plus the CD, and whatever else I might throw in there. I just can't bring myself to go and buy lingerie or whatever for anyone.

Now you might call my attitude jealousy, but I like to think of it as privacy. Don't worry, I am going to fulfill my friendly duty and show up and be supportive. But please, if I ever join the other side, don't throw me a lingerie shower. Just let me handle that!

Comments

Rebecca Beers said…
whatever bradshaw... when you join the "other side," i'm going to give you some skanky stuff from frederick's of hollywood that exists only in your most horrible nightmares. it's going to be AWESOME to see your reaction!!! hahaha
Donna Lewis said…
Katie,
I will give you some of those sweat pants you like but I will make sure they are flashy, maybe Anna can sew you some up by then. Just wanted to HI and that I miss you. I hope you are feeling better, just think, May is right around the corner. We are going to have you and Ben a BIG BLOWOUT! You have made me so proud of you! Hang in there!
Love you lots!
Miss Donna
Anonymous said…
Have fun with Caro!! Can't wait to rock out single girl style with you at the wedding and stand in the back avoiding the bouquet.
-Cori

Popular Posts