The Journey Begins

On  my last day of work, I sat in my car and thought to myself, "what have I done?" Or better yet, "what am I doing?" I sort of thought about going back inside and begging for my job back. If you didn't know, I have spent the better part of the last year working as a full time public defender. During my last week of work, the inmates held a riot and destroyed the jail. It was a situation that had been boiling for months, and and it was that incident that helped me crank up the car and drive away. One day I will tell you all about my days as a public defender.

This past week I got on a plane, by myself, and flew to New York City. Two days before, I had shipped all my belongings via Unishippers/UPS. I was a bit trepidatious while arriving and checking in at the airport. They don't really give you a lot of time to say goodbye to love ones anymore, but that is probably a good thing - I might have changed my mind.

As I sat in the terminal, a man asked if he could sit next to me. Even though he seemed talkative, I said sure, I really did not feel like talking to a stranger. He asked me the obligatory, "where do you live? where are you going?" And, I told him I was moving to New York. Then he asked me what for, and I kind of laughed and said, "I am going to seminary." It seems odd to me to come to seminary in New York City, the City that never sleeps. I mean, the City isn't exactly known for its' religious experiences.  In fact, its' better known for, in essence, loosing your religion. He laughed and said, "well, my sister lives in NYC, and when she moved there she did not know God. But, she somehow found God and now works at a Church. I am going to send her a text so you two can meet." He went on to offer me tons of encouragement. Then, he really did contact his sister who has since texted me.

On my last flight in to the City, I was seated next to a nice business man. We didn't talk much until the plane began to land. He asked me where I lived, and again I told him I was moving to the City for seminary. He told me he was about to start Deacon classes with the Catholic Church this fall, and again he offered me lots of encouragement. He did ask if I could marry - which has been a lot of folks' question, and yes, I can!

As I have sat in my 216 square foot "room" aka "apartment" over the last several days. I keep reminding myself of my trip and the assurance that God is with me. God is with us all, through Word, and Sacrament, and even people he places in our lives. I deeply believe that. Please continue to pray for me as I get adjusted to my living quarters, school, and this big city! Peace, Katie

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good luck Katie! Keep us updated.

Love,
Ethan
Anonymous said…
Good Luck Katie, but you don't need that you have a Living God!!! I have kept up with you through the years and I am so very proud of you and oh so proud to call you and your family friends! You will be in my prayers.
I love you, Mrs. Belinda
Jenny said…
I am so proud of you Katie B! Can't wait to hear all about your experiences!!
Lydia said…
So proud of your endeavor! I will pray for peace while you adjust to your surroundings. Good luck!!
Rebecca Beers said…
so proud of you Katie Ann! I need some pics of your "apartment"! Love you!
Betsy said…
Dear Katie, you are so in my prayers and thoughts as you embark on this next chapter in ministry! I am so excited for you...and jealous, too! Brings back so many memories of my entering GTS exactly 10 years ago. One of the things I quickly discovered was that my/our living space in the apt in 422 was actually much bigger...because it also included the Close itself, the deli down the street, etc etc. All of those "spaces" became like home to me as well as our tiny apt. I pray the same for you!! Please know that I am a phone call or text away...and I will be checking your blog regularly to get a window into your world. Thank you, Kate B, for saying yes to God's call to ordained ministry!! You are right where you need to be!! Much love and take care, Betsy+ P.S. Send me your phone number via facebook and maybe we can find time for a phone chat. I would love that!!
Anonymous said…
"In Seattle Dec25-Jan7 stepping large living in a hotel on 415-10th st/ I saw every episode of X-files 60 minute show. Agent Mulder And Ms Scully saved the young boy with thier glock/gun, stopping power wepeon, master of the enemy!! (5west B mental hospital- lock up 18 days.)The African Negro Black skin saw our planet/world 74 day in the 92 days Medford Orgon** Sacramento Stepping large 32day-18 day, Sanfrancisco 19-16-28 outside stepping large( 69dayslockup Maxim/Calusa Orgon 5 month's Metropolitan-sk8-shaluza in L.A Cal lock up) [Vuflix 14day/Corderells 5month's lock up in Sanfranscisco California]. (locked up Silvercrest-Olympia Washington state16-2 days Fairfax,) Portland Orgon 105day stepping large. 106 days lockup Bluemounten=Pendlton Eastern Orgon State. [Seattle Wa] Novous 19-81-5.locked up + could not leave+ More recently Chicago Illinoise taken away while in *Panera Bread Cafe on Canal St 1 minute* lock up 70 days Madden Pavilion-[112 days Monroe Pavelon nursing home.] 3 scary days in jail-prison. The Chicago Sherrif-Police came in their squad car after I was nocking on doors begging for a blanket-warm cozy. I was in real handcuffs for missing a courtdate related sleeping in a recycling bin .40 days in Denver Co locked up. An ambulence driver got me for sleeping on the pavement, It was Always involuntary when commited.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ I can't see human auras-no/thing is paranormal. I never had a miracle. Mail 900 cashmoney to Scott H. Florance 1216 E John St Seattle Wa zip: 98102. Ive been a joyfull/happy Biological Human *Note Travel* Sts-Tpt(Chosnoo*Zreik) won!. { I can smell scent odor with my nose breathing!! in} I know I have normal, nice body Odor, Im super scared or friehtend of weakining-Queezy toxic gas in my sinuses senses in my nose, =sentient=self aware=real story+ real eyesight 1971-2018=is 365 days times 46 year. D.O.B 11-11-1971. That's is only 40 quick-seconds ^time squeezed wide^ to (Android*Robot*Machine*Cybernetics*software-program*Circuit found a gear) In bigger Universe. And is how time flies to royal [Secret Moon Base] Personel. Save the astral-ethric Fairy Sprite from %soul trap/StasisChamber%. Rock spirits have bigger Soul. Do you read minds so the Ghost can play? Promise Ghost traps is never permanent stuck/grip magnetism. !Golden silence! with no car-vehicle noise-sound outside the window! Please spell Check my paragraph and make it famouse more-public! I have no friends. Never had a cellphone. I had An electronic Pager When I was 25 Y.O
Edit Karne Wala said…
Dear Your Blog is great, i really get some help from you.
thank you very much,
Last month i create a new site, if you like then feel free to check out:
Girls whatsapp mobile numbers for chat and friendship

Popular Posts