These vagabond shoes....

I realize I have been a bit silent over the last months. Well, really longer than that. My silence, in large part, has been due to my official discernment process through the church – and in some part with my job. The word is out now, and I can start spreading the news.

As exciting, scary, and humbling as this sounds to me, the Bishop has accepted me as a Postulant for the Ordination of Priesthood. (Side note: Do you pronounce humbling as “umbling” or “Hhumbling”? I have heard this different ways lately, and for some reason “umbling” really bothers me.) Anyway, for all of you wondering, I have been officially discerning this “call” for about two and a half years – unofficially much longer.

What does this mean? Well, I will be entering seminary this fall, like, in a little over a month, in New York. Yes, you Pace Picante fans, New York City. At times I am so excited about what God has called me to do, but, in all honesty, at other times, I am completely overwhelmed. In fact, today, I am completely overwhelmed that I am walking away from a job and career path. Other times I am worried about the fact that I am too “bad” to be doing this – you know, I don’t really fit the image of the pious minister that we see in movies and T.V. I am just me. Don’t think I can be anything other than me.

My other mother reminded me that Abraham and Moses were probably scared too. Actually, Peter catching the biggest catch of fish in his life, but leaving it all to follow Christ, has been a recurring theme for me in my discernment. And, I am assuming all those called, throughout history, have been a little scared. Thus, I do have faith that God calls us as he finds us. Anyway, I could use your prayers throughout this time. Katie.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You gotta get out of the boat to walk on the water~ I for one am so VERY proud of you for getting out of the boat!!
Love OM
Lydia said…
Oh how wonderful! I, for one, would love to be in the front pew of your future sermons. Good luck and God Bless! :-)
Anonymous said…
I link to your blog from time to time...and I always enjoy not only what you have to say...but your way of saying it. I think you will do a great job. Best of luck.
Anonymous said…
I am thrilled the boat tipped over. I continue to marvel as you carve your "lion in the marble". Just remember, no Australian accents when chanting classes begin.

Popular Posts