Lots of News!

Well, I have accepted another job. I will be starting in mid-September. It is a bittersweet move for me. I am excited about the new experience, with all of its challenges and learning opportunities. However, I am sad to be leaving the Judge, Mrs. S., and all the people I have worked with for the last two years.

This certainly has been a formative experience - no matter where life takes me. I am, and have been, in serious discernment concerning God's call to my life. Someone sent me a devotional yesterday and the last sentence said, "do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you are unwilling to move your feet." I found that very interesting. All of that to say, I have a feeling that this new job will certainly be another formative experience along this journey.

My wonderful neighbor Miriam Weems died very unexpectedly a week and a half ago. She was also a fellow member of my Church, and one of the sweetest people I have ever met. When Granny died, she brought me a bougainvillea and one of her books. Miriam was a pretty famous artist, and some of her paintings were published in a book "Mostly Mississippi." I sure wish I owned one of her paintings, but I feel so blessed that she wrote me a wonderful message in her book.

It is funny in some sense, because I did not know Miriam as I know most friends. I couldn't tell you her favorite color, or how she takes her coffee, but I did talk to her almost every day. She would walk her dog by my house, and that dog loved to "go" in my yard. Seriously, it is as though that dog's bowels were primed, by the time she made it to my yard. And quite frankly, I didn't care, because Miriam was such a fun person to visit with.


I have also been doing the Couch to 5K. I have made it to week 7, which is amazing to me. Miriam was an avid supporter of the Couch to 5K, in her own unique way. She asked me all about the process, but she would never say "how far can you run now?" or "what is your pace?" No, she would compliment my running attire. Like, "I love those royal blue running shorts." I knew it was her way of encouraging me.


And finally, Sidda has been visiting my parents much of the summer. I have been traveling so much, and I don't like leaving her alone for long periods of time. She has been on "restriction" some of the time, for various infractions. I personally think that is funny. "Restriction" consists of staying on Mom and Dad's bed all day.... Anyway, I am so excited to bring her back home! And I am really excited to be living at home and traveling far less. Hope you are all well.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Rain or shine, everyday is a dance. As long as you are "Jim Cantore" prepared,you will weather the day of new challenges!!

Popular Posts