Prayers Please

I am writing today to ask for your prayers. My grandmother, Granny, who I so often write about, fell last week and broke her hip. She had previously broken both hips, but was doing really well. Unfortunately, the rod from her previous break was shoved into her pelvis, which is now crushed. She was transported to UAB, but is not doing well. They are not sure they will be able to do surgery, or whether her heart could withstand surgery.

During Christmas she was talking about death and I told her, "listen, you can't go anytime soon. Remember all those time when I was a child and you would ask me to do you a favor, and then retort - I will dance at your wedding if you will do this?" And she said, "yes." And I said, "well, I am holding you to that." So, she said, "well, I didn't think you were going to wait around this long." She thinks she is funny.

Anyway, she is my best prayer warrior. Until this accident, she still got down on her two knees and prayed, every night. She is also my best editor. I always call and read her these blogs before I publish them. Sometimes she will say, "that is not as good as the last one."

Also, in the midst of her falling, her life alert called my cousin. On the way to see what was happening, her car flipped four or five times. She broke her arm and fractured her neck. Her surgery went well, but she still needs prayers.

So, if you could please pray our family, I will appreciate it very much.

Comments

Lauren said…
Katie I am so sorry to hear about Granny and your cousin! Good grief! I will be praying for them.
Lydia said…
Prayers headed your way, Katie!! So sorry to hear about all of that!!
Anonymous said…
Katie,
Your granny is a special lady and I have always respected her so much, but I respect her even more. I knew she was a prayer warrior, however had no idea she got down on her knees each night, expecially in the physical shape she is in. I hope and pray for her and Amanda's healing.
I love you!
Donna
Anonymous said…
KB ~
I have been praying. I am so sorry. Just remember, Granny will never stop praying for you & you know Granny will be dancing at your wedding. The only difference will be whether she will be standing full on glorified healed hips or using her walker and trying to keep up with us.

All my love . . . OM
Unknown said…
HEY IM PRAYING AND BELIEVING LOVE YOUR STORYS

Popular Posts